Molybdenum is a metal element that is rarely distributed in nature, with an average content of about 0.001% in the earth's crust. Common molybdenum minerals in nature include sulfide minerals, oxidized minerals, molybdates, etc. Among them, molybdenite is widely distributed. Almost all molybdenum production in the world is obtained from molybdenite. In actual production, molybdenum ore separation methods include gravity separation, magnetic separation, flotation, etc. Depending on the type and nature of the ore, different mineral processing methods and processes are required. Since molybdenum ore has good floatability, it is mainly processed by flotation method, and flotation reagents are the key to flotation technology. The following will introduce you to the beneficiation methods of molybdenum mineral and the types of reagents used in flotation to help you better understand the beneficiation technology of molybdenum ore.
Use the table of contents below to navigate through the guide:
01Commonly used molybdenum ore beneficiation processes
It can be seen from the above that molybdenum ore can be processed by flotation, gravity separation, magnetic separation and combined beneficiation.
1. Flotation method: The structure of molybdenite is generally lamellar and has the characteristics of easy flotation. When the flotation process is used alone, a two-stage regrinding process of rough concentrate can be used, and then it is refined several times. Flotation process, through this process, higher grade molybdenum concentrate can be obtained with less environmental pollution.
2. Flotation-magnetic separation-gravity combined method: This method is mainly suitable for associated molybdenum ores, especially iron-containing molybdenum ores. This process can also select multiple minerals at the same time to improve resource utilization.
3. Flotation-electric furnace method: This process is used for the treatment of symbiotic molybdenum ores containing precious metals.
02Molybdenum ore flotation process flow
According to the ore composition and mineral composition of molybdenum ore, the flotation process can be divided into a priority flotation process and a mixed flotation process.
1. Priority flotation process: The recovery of primary molybdenum often adopts the priority flotation process. Single molybdenum ore, tungsten-molybdenum ore, iron-molybdenum ore and other molybdenum ores can be processed by this process.
2. Mixed flotation process: The mixed flotation process is often used to recover molybdenum by-product. Molybdenum ores containing copper or lead sulfide minerals such as copper-molybdenum ore and lead-molybdenum ore can be processed by this process.
03Molybdenum ore flotation reagents
In the molybdenum ore flotation process, different strengths of collectors, frothers, media regulators and copper mineral inhibitors are usually used.
1. Collecting agents: Common collecting agents include kerosene, black powder, xanthate, etc. Hydrocarbon oil and thiocyanate collectors can be used to improve the floatability of molybdenite. In addition, new high-efficiency collectors such as acetylenic collectors and dodecyl mercaptan are also widely used in molybdenum ore beneficiation. In order to improve molybdenite flotation indicators, various mines can use collector-free flotation according to different ore properties.
2. Foaming agent: Foaming agents used in molybdenum ore flotation include methyl isobutyl methanol, hexanol, pine oil, etc.
3. Copper mineral inhibitors: The main types of inhibitors include sodium sulfide, sodium sulfite, cyanide, etc., while the gangue mineral inhibitors are mainly water glass.
4. Medium adjuster: Common types of agents include sodium carbonate, lime and sulfuric acid.
The above content is a brief introduction to the molybdenum ore beneficiation process, flotation process and flotation reagents. Since molybdenum ores resources are non-renewable minerals, in order to recover valuable components of molybdenum ores resources and continuously improve the comprehensive utilization rate of resources, a reasonable molybdenum ore beneficiation process needs to be adopted. As low-grade, difficult-to-separate molybdenum ores are gradually developed, molybdenum can be optimized by developing collectors with strong collection performance, good selectivity, non-toxic, and low price, and developing efficient, low-cost, and highly targeted inhibitors. When selecting molybdenum ores mineral beneficiation technology, mixed chemicals are used. Mixing according to the proportion can produce a synergistic effect, which can improve the flotation effect while reducing the dosage of chemicals and reducing production costs.